Well no surprise here.. I have another snow day. I spent my day sleeping in, catching up on work and crafting. I'm such a college student right? #notreally.
I'm now in the comfiest clothes: yoga pants and my bid day shirt - comfort for dayyysss, and I'm about to turn on Netflix and watch another episode of Blue Mountain State. You really can't judge me. I know it's a guy's show and all but it's soooo good and my friends got me hooked.
My roommate Jess and I are both addicted to Netflix and I curse/love the person who invented it because I've wasted so much time yet watched so many great shows on it. In September, I watched the entire series GREEK in like three weeks. Jess has watched Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy and now Scandal, and I really can't afford to get into another show. Side note: if they put The OC on Netflix, I promise I'll be doing nothing but Netflix 24/7.
So I was thinking of my addiction - how did it start, how did I get here, why have I been so unproductive since discovering Netflix?! And I decided to lay it all out for you.. so headphones on, comfy pants on and pop some popcorn cause you're coming down this netflix tv show addiction with me..
1) ALL your friends are talking about this show:
"It's amazing!" "What do you mean you haven't heard of it?!" "What do you mean you don't watch Game of Thrones?!"
All their responses:
2) And you're just like "Calm down.. it can't be THAT good!":
Oh but it is.. you just don't know it yet.
3) Then one day, you're bored and on Netflix:
And there it is - in the "Recommended for You" category. See, even Netflix knows. So you're like hey, why not..
4) You watched the first episode and quite frankly you're not that impressed:
But you're still bored and decide to watch another one anyways.
5) Next thing you know, it's 5 hours later and you're halfway through the first season:
It always happens. Just keep clicking next.
6) Of course you ignore every other duty because this is a full-fledged addiction:
You pop popcorn like it's your job, you sometimes even manage to watch AT your job (when your boss isn't looking, of course..) It's real.
7) Netflix asks if you want to watch another episode:
What kind of stupid question is that, Netflix!?!
8) Something drastic happens and it shakes your world:
Your fave couple broke up, someone died, your fave couple died.. they're all possibilities. Whatever it is, you just can't handle it.
9) You get to the first season's finale, and it's perfect:
Just as perfect as you imagined - except for that one part: you would change that part.
10) You kind of get depressed, then you remember you still have two more seasons to go:
It's the best part of Netflix. No waiting. You have it right at your fingertips. #winning
11) You've realized by now how addicted you are:
But realizing it isn't gonna make you stop. You just embrace it - it's more like a "quirk" than a problem.. right?!
12) Somehow you've made it through all the seasons:
Let's be real - you made it through within a few weeks. But you can't bear the thought of it being over.
Depressing would describe the feeling.
13) You realize your life will never be the same..:
Happy Snow Day, and Happy Netflixing!
Is this how you feel too? Let me know below..