But now that we've established that, aren't you excited?! I know I am.. I mean, it's my birthday for crying out loud! And what better way to celebrate my 20th birthday than by telling the whole world 20 things they don't know about me!
1) I come from a huge family. I have five siblings, and too many cousins to count!
2) I'm actually a lot shier than people realize and than I let on sometimes. If I'm not comfortable around someone or somewhere, I'll be very quiet and closed off.
3) That being said, if I like you or I'm comfortable with you, you can't shut me up! I'm a ball of energy and I'm always a little crazy which is a fun time.
4) I hate eating breakfast. I get hungrier after I eat breakfast which is so weird to me, and so I try to avoid it at all costs although I know how bad that is for my health. (per my mother's request, I ate breakfast today!)
5) I love the idea of amusement parks - they always appear so fun and romantic, like the Beyoncé XO video. In real life, I wanna throw up because roller coasters terrify me and I get anxiety before I go on them, yet regret it if I don't go on them!
6) Speaking of being scared of roller coasters.. Ironically, I want to go sky-diving within the next few months! My friends and I have been planning it for months and if anyone in the North East region has any recommendations, let me know! (Shhh.. don't tell my mom!)
7) Ever since I went to the Tony Awards, I'm somewhat of a Broadway snob, and I only want to see my favorites from this year's broadcast! (If anyone wants to hook me up with Hedwig or Aladdin tickets, I'm all yours!)
8) I looooove champagne. Champagne is my liquor of choice 24/7. And yes, I can say this at 20 years old because in Trinidad, I'm legal and that's all that counts ;)
10) When I was younger, I dreamt of being a travel writer. Now that I'm older, I still love the idea of traveling for work - but not necessarily writing about travel. I'd love to work in features.
11) I ran into Anna Wintour in NYC and almost died when I saw her.. she is so ridiculously intimidating!
12) When I read books and finish a great one, I go into an intense depression because the story is over, or because I don't get to pretend to hang out/follow the lives of the characters anymore.
13) I LOVE Pinterest. Okay, maybe that's not a secret. But I have a ton of boards and ideas I want to create or try, and I've never done a single one. Maybe one day? I'll still be pinning though..
14) I love a good pair of shoes and an expensive handbag. As long as I have a nice pair of shoes and a beautiful handbag, I'll be a happy camper.
15) I've had, I think, 5 surprise parties in my life, and for some reason I never expect it. You would think after 5 you start to expect it, but I never do!
16) I cannot eat any meal that crunches. It stems back from when I was a kid (and a very picky eater), we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner and I insisted that I wanted a hotdog, so they whipped one up for me and it crunched, and since then my life has changed.
17) I'm Lebanese, and I took Arabic for two years, where I learned to speak and write it, but I don't remember anything but the alphabet. All the conversational Arabic I know, I've picked up from my parents. But last night I went to a Lebanese restaurant and the waiter called me by name.. it took me a minute to realize he looked at my Arabic name necklace. Dumb moment!
18) I got a concussion from B.o.B. Yep.. that happened.
19) I am deathly afraid of creatures - spiders, cockroaches, snakes.. you name it. Ew..
20) It's my birthday!!!!! Wait, we established that already.. whoops!!
Happy Friday to all of you, and happy birthday to me!