RECAP OF MY JUNE GOALS
1. Work towards getting a job // OK, so this goal was a little broad. I mean did I think that I would magically just get everything sorted in June? The truth is.. no. I did work towards getting the job by reaching out to a few people I know at companies I'm planning to apply to, and getting my name known, as well as inquiring about if companies were looking to hire. Did I apply or interview for any jobs in June? No.. So even though I made progress, I'm gonna chalk this one up as a fail.
Save my money // Because I haven't been working much besides babysitting here and there since I've been home, I didn't necessarily have much to save. But, towards the end of June, I started to offer freelance VA services for bloggers, and I've been committed to saving most of the money I've been making, so I can pick up some new clothing pieces, splurge on some makeup or take a trip or two! I'm gonna say that I've been doing well here! Let's hope I keep this up!
3. Get back into a workout routine // Now that I'm home, I wanted to get into a consistent workout routine. This month, though, I made the decision not to get a monthly gym membership until I was working and so far I've been enjoying trying different workout classes and doing Kayla's BBG and running. So yes, I have been working out again. Workouts I've done in the last month include a dancercise class (THE funniest experience, learning routines from Dancing Jade, one of Machel's original backup dancers!), TRX class (at 6am no less.. rough morning!) and spinning! I'm only giving myself partial credit though because I haven't fully committed to an every day and consistent routine like I wanted!
4. Launch The Caro Diaries at home // Once again, this was a very broad "goal" and not necessarily something that would be possible to do within one month. But, I did start on this goal and actually am talking to someone who would be able to help me to achieve this - so that I can start going to events, working with local companies and working on more localized content. So while I didn't launch the blog at home, I did start working on it, so I'm giving myself half credit!
Cut my hair // This was one goal I actually achieved this month! I woke up one Saturday morning after a night out, and decided I was through with my long hair. I cut it, although a little longer than I wanted because I was nervous with the humidity etc, but it looks really good and is actually really manageable!
3/5 - overall, not terrible. I realized this month that my goals were very broad and kind of long-term goals. I've learned my lesson! Hopefully next month I can accomplish them all!
1. Book another client // With my days mostly free (I say mostly, because sometimes they can be unpredictable), I kind of enjoy spending my time freelancing and working online with bloggers and creatives. I have three clients currently, with another potential on the way, but I'm hoping to keep growing while I'm funemployed! Need some VA help? Feel free to email me!
2. Continue to work out at least three times a week // Even if it means going for a walk or doing a fun workout class, I want to reinstate the consistency in my life. The faster I get into a routine, the easier life will become, right?
3. Shoot two outfits to post // I find it so difficult sometimes to post consistently on Instagram and the blog when I am always so unmotivated to take outfit photos and my days are so up and down.
4. Read three books // This shouldn't be too difficult because I really enjoy reading, but sometimes finding the time to sit down with a book is almost impossible! I'm aiming for three books this month so it'll encourage me to lay out by the pool and not think!
5. Re-do my resume // For the sake of the job search! When I was applying to jobs in fashion magazines, I created a really fun and eye-catching resume on Illustrator. Now that I'm home, the resume is a little too fun and bright, so I want to re-create a resume on Illustrator. I just think they're more appealing than the typical Word document ones! Have any suggestions or inspiration for my resume? Send my way!
Linking up with my good blog friend, Jenny from Breakfast at Lilly's for her "Road to a Better Me" link-up! Do you have a goals post? Share it here!
What are your goals for this month! Let me know in the comments below!