2017 brought with it a lot of changes! I'll definitely go more into detail in another post, but I started a new job this month and I'm so excited for what the rest of the month, and the rest of the year, have to offer! Now let's get into goals for the month!
Check out last month's goals and recap post HERE!
RECAP OF MY DECEMBER GOALS
Create a solid content calendar // Finally, I managed to make progress on this! While I haven't made a 6-week calendar, I have finally taken things past my current strategy of jotting ideas in a notebook and never getting around to writing the posts! Hopefully with this, I'll be more consistent and present on the blog in 2017!
2. Read three books // The Christmas season was a lot busier than I expected, and I only managed to get one book down. I'm giving myself partial credit for this because kudos to me for actually picking up my Kindle again!
3. Clean out my closet // OK, this didn't happen. I definitely need to do this ASAP, but I know I need to commit a full day to doing it, so I keep putting it off! Soon?
Order a 2017 planner // I decided on the Purposeful Planner for 2017 and I can't wait to share more about it soon!
Learn a new makeup trick // Thanks to my unhealthy obsession with Jaclyn Hill and YouTube makeup vloggers in general, and all of the beauty blogs I devour on the reg, I learned a few new tricks with all of the new makeup I bought myself in December!
TOTAL: 3.5/5: Overall, not a bad month! Considering how crazy the Christmas season was, I'm impressed that I got any of these done to be honest!
1. Read two books // Too many times when I have a spare minute, I'll fit it with mindlessly strolling on the internet or binge watching a series or two. I want to be more intentional with my time, and I want to spend whatever free time I have by choosing to read some more. I'm a huge reader once I start, so it's just to commit the time to doing so!
2. Focus on Instagram // I really dropped the ball with my Instagram account. A lot of it has to do with my feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to shoot pictures of myself. A lot of it has to do with just not having much to share. A lot of it has to do with just being scared. I'm commiting to get back on track this year, and so I'm starting with this month!
3. Go to bed earlier // I am sick. There I said it. I have a legit illness because I cannot sleep before 4 A.M. and then I have to wake up and get to work for 7:30 A.M. and I'm exhausted and so it's all a cycle, and I'm dying to break it. This month, I'm committing to being in bed by midnight so I can get six hours a night! That's a start!
4. Exercise 4 to 5 times a week // I got on track with my exercising really hardcore coming down to the end of the year, but the closer we got to Christmas, the harder it was for me to commit the time to going. Now that it's a new year, I want to commit to exercising four to five times a week again. Whether it's an exercise class, lifting weights with my trainer, or just going for an old fashioned jog with friends, I'm getting back on track - especially with Carnival around the corner.
5. Save money // I can't lie to you.. I'm a horrible saver! I'm looking to buy myself a car in the next month and I know I need to make smarter decisions about my money and what I'm spending it on. Fingers crossed!
Cheers to a new month and a new year! Let's crush our goals and start 2017 with a bang!
What are your goals for this month?